What is Constipation?
If you notice that you have less than three bowel movements in a week, it means that you are facing a common health problem called constipation. But do not rush to worry since constipation doesn’t usually stay long and get serious.
Specifically, constipation is a condition, in which the bowel movement doesn’t work properly. Additionally, it might cause a difficulty and pain while passing the tool that is hard and dry.
Although constipation is not actually a serious disease, it holds the potential for the risk of developing many other health problems, especially hemorrhoids.
Causes of Constipation
Some of main causes leading to constipation include:
- Imbalanced diet that is lack of fiber
- Water shortage
- Laxative abuse
- Lack of physical activities
- Stress and travel
- Diseases such as colon cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
- Delaying defecation
Constipation will cause you so much irritation and discomfort so that you need to get rid of it as soon as possible. Fortunately, the treatments of constipation are really simple and easy to do if you are aware of the benefits of available and natural ingredients in your kitchen or around you.
Here are top 10 effective and powerful home remedies for constipation that you should take into consideration to prepare yourself before being affected by the disease…
When it comes to digestion, yogurt will be always on the top of the list. This is because the food contains loads of friendly bacteria that are essential for your stomach. As the amount of these bacteria increase, it will help improve your digestion and reduce the symptoms of constipation.
- Simply eat 2-3 servings of yogurt a day to treat the problem.
Since the deficiency of fiber is one of major causes leading to constipation, increasing fiber amount in your diet is a good thing to do in order to solve the problem. This is one of the simplest and most effective home remedies for constipation you should follow.
Consuming more fiber also means you are keeping water in your intestine in a proper level so that the stool will becomes softer and easier to pass. Furthermore, it also adds bulk to stool and increases the bowel movements.
- Consume more fiber-rich foods such as potatoes, beans, carrots, vegetable, fruits and so on.
- Taking fiber supplements is also a good idea to quickly get rid of constipation.
As you know, lemon is a rich source of acid that is similar to the gastric juice in our digestive system. Accordingly, it will speed up the activities in our stomach, making things moving. Furthermore, lemon is inexpensive and available everywhere so that you can easily and quickly make a home remedy for constipation.
- Extract the juice from half of a lemon and dissolve it in some water.
- Add into it a little honey or salt to improve the taste and prevent the strong effect of acid.
- Consume a full glass of it every morning on your empty stomach until the condition improves.
If you are constipated, try a cup of coffee every day. More than a natural home remedies for constipation, coffee can give you so many health benefits if it is consumed in an adequate amount. This is due to the caffeine content in coffee, which acts as a stimulant to improve your bowel movements.
- To avoid adverse effects from coffee, drink 1-2 cups of it every day.
Honey is a versatile ingredient that helps you with so many health problems, including constipation. Specifically, honey actively works as a mild laxative that stimulates the bowel movements and relive the symptoms without any adverse effects.
- As soon as you notice the symptoms of constipation, consume 2 teaspoons of honey 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, you can mix it with warm water or lemon juice and consume in the morning on your empty stomach.
Fennel has been found with an ability to improve digestive system as well as prevent and treat various related diseases such as bloating, indigestion and constipation.
In case of home remedies for constipation, fennel helps encourage the movements of foods and waste in digestive tract, making it easier to pass the stool.
- Roast and grind a cup of fennel seeds to get the powder.
- Add 1 teaspoon of fennel powder in a cup of warm water and keep the rest in a jar.
- Consume the mixture 2-3 times a day to quickly improve the condition.
Fig contains an ample source of fiber and calcium, valuable substances that are essential for constipation treatments. That is the reason why you should not skip this ingredient on the list of home remedies for constipation.
- Alternatively, soak some dried figs and almonds in water overnight. In the next morning, grind them into paste and consume the paste with a little honey.
- Since the skin of figs is the most important part containing fiber, wash them thoroughly and consume fresh figs with their skin.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been well known as the best friend of women in treating and improving skin health. More than that, the plant is an excellent ingredient used in home remedies for constipation that can ease the symptoms of improve digestion.
- Get the inner gel from an Aloe Vera leaf and mix it with some kinds of fruit such as pineapple, strawberries, watermelon, etc. Consume the mixture daily.
- If you cannot find a fresh Aloe Vera leaf, try some other Aloe Vera juice products.
Grapes possess an impressive amount if insoluble fiber, vitamins and other nutrients that can help you deal with constipation. To make home remedies for constipation with grapes, you need:
- Consume fresh grapes or drink its juice every day.
- Boil some dried grapes in a cup of milk for some minutes. Drink this solution before bed to get the best effect.
Spinach is another ingredient you can use to make home remedies for constipation. The vegetable is able to cleanse and generate the intestinal tract, making things move better and reduce the symptoms of constipation.
- Add more spinach in your daily diet.
- Make spinach juice and consume it several times a day until the condition completely disappears.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Cough – 10 Simple Treatments
- How to Get Rid of Hickeys – Top 10 Useful Tips
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn – 10 Natural Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of a Black Eye
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments