Bronchitis is reported as a common inflammation happening in the respiratory tract. More specifically, the problem occurs in the bronchial tubes where the air is carried to your lungs. Bronchitis is divided into two main types: acute and chronic. Both of them share some common symptoms such as cough, mucus, shortness of breath, chest pain, fever and wheezing.
In case of acute bronchitis, most of symptoms will disappear after several days. However, only the cough can stay for up to a few weeks even when the infection are already gone.
The cause of bronchitis is often the viruses triggering colds and flu. Besides, people can easily get bronchitis because of bacteria, tobacco smoke, dusts, air pollution, fumes and so on.
As long as it is not chronic bronchitis, you have no need to spend lots of money on medication and other medical treatments. With only a few natural ingredients in your kitchen, you can make for yourself effective treatments of bronchitis.
Here are top 10 home remedies for bronchitis that also are top 10 useful tips on how to get rid of bronchitis quickly and sufficiently.
Licorice is the first ingredient on the list of home remedies for bronchitis. This is because of its outstanding characteristic, including anti-inflammatory property. By using the ingredient, you can easily and effectively reduce cough, swelling and other symptoms of bronchitis.
- Put some licorice roots in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for some minutes then strain.
- Consume the tea at least 1-2 times a day to quickly reduce the condition.
When it comes to cough, there are several people who will advise you to use honey. This is because of its antiviral and antibacterial as well as soothing properties, which can quickly ease the irritation and improve the condition. As a result, honey becomes an inevitable ingredient on the list of home remedies for bronchitis.
- Add some honey in a cup of tea or warm water.
- Consume the liquid several times a day.
- You can also add some lemon juice to enhance the effect and improve the taste.
Turmeric is highly effective in eliminating mucus and reducing the pain caused by bronchitis. Besides, the spice is also able to work with inflammation and infection, which in turn inhibits the development of the condition.
- Add a turmeric powder into a glass of milk.
- Boil the solution in a few minutes and let it cool off.
- Consume it 3 times daily.
4. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil is the next ingredient you should use to deal with cough, pain and other annoying symptoms of bronchitis. By applying the oil to make home remedies for bronchitis, you will be amazed with its effectiveness.
- Simply put some drops of oregano oil under your tongue.
- Hold it for some minutes.
- Do this daily to quickly see the improvement.
5. Sesame Seed
Besides cough, chest pain is another discomfort you will get when suffering from bronchitis. Fortunately, you can use sesame seed to confront the condition and that’s why people put sesame seed on the list of home remedies for bronchitis.
- Mix sesame seed, linseed and honey in the same amount.
- Add into it a little salt.
- Consume the mixture daily, especially before bed.
Undeniably, ginger can work more than just a common spice in the kitchen. It can bring you numerous health benefits that you can never think of. For instance, in this case, ginger easily helps you with cough, soreness, weakness, etc. To make use of ginger for home remedies for bronchitis, follow these steps:
- Grind some ginger into powder.
- Mix it with an equal amount of cloves and pepper.
- Next step, add the mixture in a glass of milk and a little of honey.
- Mix them well and consume 2-3 times daily.
Spinach has been reckoned as a useful vegetable that can assist you in treating and preventing ailments and diseases. In case of home remedies for bronchitis, the consumption of spinach, first, enhances your immune system to fight back the disease. Additionally, it can ease other symptoms.
- Simply add more spinach to your daily meal.
- Alternatively, make a glass of spinach juice and consume it with a little honey.
8. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil can temporarily soothe the throat and ease the pain, irritation and other discomforts caused by bronchitis. Besides, it can clear the airway and reduce inflammation.
- Fill a bowl with hot water. Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil into the bowl.
- Inhale the steam from the bowl in a few minutes.
Another way to enhance immunity is taking in more vitamin C, an essential element for our body. Furthermore, the fruit provides an immense source of water, keeping the body hydrated. This is the reason why whenever people get sick, they tend to use more citrus fruits such as lemon, orange, grapefruit and so on.
- Get the juice from 2 oranges.
- Add into it some almonds and consume.
Using salt to make saline water is another good idea to make home remedies for bronchitis. The salt with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties can quickly ease the irritation and reduce inflammation in the airway.
- Dissolve 1-2 teaspoons of salt in warm water.
- Use the solution to gargle your mouth and throat 2-3 times a day.
- Also, take small sips of salt water several times a day to quickly eliminate the problem.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Headache – Top 10 Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Sore Throat – 10 Useful Tips
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn – 10 Natural Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- How to Get Rid of a Black Eye