Keeping the lymphatic system strong and flowing properly goes along ways to keeping the body with balance and wellness. The lymphatic system is one of the major systems in your body that is essential for cleansing it from toxins and waste. When the lymphatic system fails to function, properly other systems of the body begin to function poorly such as the cardiovascular, digestive and respiratory. Some people even experiences inflammation, poor circulation, extra body mucus, severe headaches and extreme fatigue.
Some of the ways you can help keep the lymphatic system healthy is by eating foods that cleanse, nourish and rejuvenate it naturally.
Some of the Best Foods for Cleanings the Lymphatic System
- Citrus Fruits: Fruits such as oranges, lemons, grapefruits, tangerines and lemons are pack full of vitamin C, enzymes, antioxidants and natural acids that help flush toxins and waster from the lymphatic system with ease while also nourishing and healing it so it can function at optimal levels. The best ways to get these fruits into your diet is to slice the fruits up and snack away on them. You can even add the slices and juices from the citrus fruit into purified water and herbal teas for a refreshing detoxifying beverage.
- Fresh Berries: Some of the best berries to eat to natural cleanse not only the lymphatic system, but also urinary tract; kidneys, liver and digestive tract are cranberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, acai berries and gooseberries. Add these berries to smoothies, juice them, top them on a yogurt cup, add them to salads or just eat them, as they are to receive the purifying benefits they can provide to you.
- Green Veggies and Fruits: Green vegetables and fruits such as leafy greens, broccoli, brussle sprouts, kiwis, cucumbers and fresh pick green herbs are some of the best to cleanse the lymphatic system. This is because they contain detoxifying properties while also nourishing the body with a bountiful amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Seeds: You may think citrus fruits, fresh berries and green fruits and vegetables are the best ways to cleanse and nourish your lymphatic system back to health, but seeds can too. Some of the best kinds to top on salads, yogurt cups and smoothies are chia, hemp, flax, pumpkin and sunflower. Best of all, these seeds contain fiber, which is essential for cleansing and detoxifying your body systems.
- Spices: When cooking, sprinkle on some extra spices because they help cleanse the lymphatic system too. Some of the best ones to use are turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, coriander and black pepper. Not only do these spices detoxify, but they also help reduce inflammation and prevent certain types of cancers from forming too by protecting your DNA.
- Seaweed and Algae: You may think seaweed and algae are just for fish and mermaids to eat, but surprisingly these ocean foods are essential for keeping your lymphatic system well cleansed and nourished naturally. Add seaweeds and algae to salads, soups and smoothies or eat them as they are to receive the many nourishing health benefits they can provide to the body.
End Notes for Cleansing the Lymphatic System Naturally
If your doctor tells you, your lymphatic system isn’t functioning properly it is time to eat foods that help detoxify it and nourish it back to health so you can begin to feel better and back to yourself soon. After all, a healthy life is a happy life. So eat well, exercise properly, get plenty of rest, drink lots of fresh water to stay hydrate and enjoy optimal wellness for life.