Is your hair dull and lifeless?
Is laziness keeping you from maintaining your crowning glory?
If yes, it’s time to try a few tricks and tips that can help rejuvenate your dry locks and get the shine back.
Deep conditioning your hair every week and applying natural homemade hair masks are the ideal steps to getting a healthy and shiny mane. However, doing this religiously can be tedious and difficult. You may not want to invest so much time and energy into it.
Moreover, taking proper care of hair can be overwhelming and time-consuming. But, by keeping certain aspects in mind, you can achieve your hair goals despite your bouts of laziness.
Here are a few tips that can help you save time on hair care while simultaneously aiding you in getting lustrous locks.
1. Wake up with Glamorous Hair
Waking up with frizzy hair that looks like a bird’s nest can be frustrating. Unfortunately, this can happen to you if you sleep with your hair down. It is, therefore, best to pull your hair back into a loose ponytail or a plait before going to bed. This way you will wake up to knot-free hair. If you wish to wake up with amazing wavy hair, you can also consider making braids or high buns before hitting the sack.
2. Go for a Low-Maintenance Haircut
Styling your hair every single day can be a pain. You can save yourself a lot of hassle by going for a haircut that requires minimum maintenance. Go for a simple bob or a cut that fits your hair and face type perfectly. A fuss-free cut will also spare you the struggles with straightening and curling rods. Make sure to get your hair trimmed every month as that will help prevent split ends, thereby leaving your hair smoother and healthier.
3. Opt for Quality Products
So, you want to save time and effort when it comes to haircare?
In that case, it makes sense to invest a few extra dollars in quality hair products. Opt for quality over quantity. Layering your hair with product upon product can damage it to a huge extent and also create a buildup.
You only need four products to maintain your hair: shampoo, conditioner, styler, and finisher. Select products that are free of sulfate and salt as that will prevent stripping the hair of its moisture. Look for products that have organic botanicals as their major ingredients.
Although, these products will cost you more, they will minimize trouble and maximize benefits. Moreover, opt for multi-tasking products as they will not only keep your mane dandruff-free, well-nourished, and hydrated, but also save you a lot of time.
4. Take Vitamin Supplements
Your diet may, sometimes, be devoid of the essential nutrients that are crucial for having healthy hair. But, don’t you worry. Make up for them by taking vitamin supplements as that will provide your hair with the much-needed strength. Go for supplements that include vitamins A and E, biotin, and omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Take Preventative Measures
Of course, you don’t want your hair to get damaged owing to over-styling. So, when you’re heat-styling your hair, make sure to use heat protestants first. Using hot tools such as hair dryers, hot rollers, curling irons, and flat irons can leave your hair susceptible to breakage as well as color loss. However, using heat protectants can help you prevent this damage and maintain your hair’s integrity.
6. Other Quick Hair Hacks
- So, you don’t have the time to wash your hair? That’s absolutely okay. Dry shampoo can help you with that. Not only does it take less time but also lends more weight to your hair and holds the style longer. On days when you don’t have your dry shampoo handy, consider half-washing your hair, which involves washing just the roots. This will help cut down the drying time.
- Add a dash of hairspray if you want your hairstyle to last longer. This way you can even put off your hair wash.
- Make sure to use a seamless wide-toothed comb for easy detangling.
- Save yourself time-wasting traps by avoiding washing your hair every other day. Washing your hair frequently will not only lighten your (artificial) hair color, but also remove the sebum from your scalp, leaving it dry and devoid of the essential moisturize. Shampooing your hair three times a week is more than enough.
- Consider using Velcro rollers in order to get that perfect salon-style blowout look. It will help cut down on styling time.
- On a bad hair day, go for messy hair buns. Not only are they super chic and stylish, but also take relatively less time to create. Moreover, they can make your hair look put-together almost instantly.
- Got frizzy hair? An anti-frizz serum can act as your savior and help you deal with hair-frizz situations effectively.
- One of the easiest ways to deal with those irritating flyaways is by spraying a toothbrush with some hairspray and slicking them down.
Getting your hair to look beautiful is a tough job. But, remember, you don’t have to follow a list of complicated steps in order to get strong and healthy hair, nor do you need to apply innumerable products to maintain them. Follow the simple tips mentioned above and you will be able to tame the frizz, add sheen to your hair, and improve its quality. Make sure to be patient and you will surely get the desired result. The above-mentioned tips and tricks will liven up your dull locks without requiring you to put in too much effort or time.