Cinnamon has been widely used for thousands of years because of its medicinal properties. It’s quite potent and can take your health to the next level.
Following are some health benefits that are supported by scientific research and the recommended ways you can use of this super spice. Try to incorporate it into your everyday routine to reap the most benefits.
1.1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL).
A study in Pakistan found Cinnamon reduced triglyceride (23-30%), LDL cholesterol (7-27%), and total cholesterol (12-26%). The consumption of cinnamon is associated with a statistically significant decrease in levels of total cholesterol, LDL-C, and an increase in HDL-C (the good cholesterol) levels. (Source)
2.Cinnamon may help treat Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and increasing the amount of insulin production in the body.
3. Also because cinnamon is helpful in lowering blood sugar levels, together with its antifungal properties, it’s been said that candida cannot live in such an environment.
4. Cinnamon is a popular spice that has been used to treat pain because it reacts with the hormone-like substance prostaglandin, which contributes to the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
Honey and Cinnamon combined have been found to relieve arthritis pain. Add two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of hot water. Drink it twice a day, morning and night.
5.When added to food, cinnamon helps to prevent the spoiling of the food by delaying bacterial growth, making it a natural food preservative.
6.Just smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
Carry a cinnamon stick around with you, and take a whiff sometimes to keep you focused at work or school.
7. Combine cinnamon with ginger tea is commonly used as a warming drink to cure cold or flu. This old remedy has been used across East Asia and Europe since long time, and nowadays more and more people apply it all over the world.
8. Cinnamon can also help stabilize blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes. This is great for weight loss too, simply add a couple of dashes in your morning tea, you can receive its benefits.
9. Cinnamon is effective in treating acne and skin blemishes due to its anti-bacterial qualities as well as its antioxidant power.
Mix 1 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon with 3 tablespoons of honey, apply to the skin, and let the mixture sit for a few hours or overnight. Wash off with warm water.
10. Cinnamon helps to improve digestion too. Take a couple tablespoons of honey with some cinnamon sprinkled on top before eating, it will relieve any indigestion problems that may occur after eating.
More Posts by Author: