Looking for simple and all natural ways to relax and reduce the negative effects of stress on your physical and emotional wellbeing? Then try these five great natural stress relievers (1, 2).
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile has amazing soothing properties and is a wonderful sleep aid so it is a great stress reliever to help you unwind and relax before bed. However, chamomile is not considered safe for women who are pregnant.
- Aromatherapy Linen Spray: This is another great natural stress reliever. You simply spray your bed sheets with this light lavender sleeping spray that is made with lavender and a blend of other essential oils for a purely natural way to relax and relieve stress while helping you to get a good night’s sleep.
- Aromatherapy Bath Products: Baths that include any variety of aromatherapy products can be great stress relievers as well. Not only do you enjoy the relaxation of a warm bath and a nice long soak, but by using a variety of oils or aromatic bath salts you can ease muscle tension, headaches, and sooth tired aching feet. Some great essential oils to try include lavender, chamomile; which is very soothing to the skin, sandalwood, and jasmine. These are great stress relievers to try at night as well since many of them can help you to relax enough that you can get to sleep easily.
- Tai Chi: Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese martial art. The movements in Tai Chi are very natural and fluid making it very relaxing and a great stress reliever. Practicing Tai Chi can also improve your mental clarity, your overall health condition, and according to recent studies by the UCLA Tai Chi can help you to sleep better as well.
- Learn to Meditate: Much like Tai Chi, meditating can be an effective stress reliever. Helping you to become more focused and to calm your mind and spirit and to help you focus which an be a great stress reliever; especially when you use it throughout the day. For example, if you are getting stressed at work you can meditate for a few moments at your desk, taking a few deep breaths and work past whatever the problem is that is stressing you out.
So there you go, five simple and natural stress relievers that can help you relax with no side effects to worry about.