You know the healing benefits of turmeric, and you want to incorporate it into your daily diet. But do you know there are several other ways to consume this super spice except just sprinkle it on your food?
- You can add turmeric to your scrambles
- It makes your roasted vegetables more tasty
- Add it to plain rice
- Mix with chicken soup or vegetable soups
- Blend it into your smoothie
And, it can be also used in drinks. Here is a simple turmeric latte recipe you can try to use it as your coffee alternative.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh grated turmeric root
- 2 teaspoon turmeric paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger root
Put the coconut milk in a saucepan, warm it but don’t boil it.
Add the turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and finally mix in coconut oil and heat the mixture until it’s melted.
Foam can be made with a blender, and then it can be heated to become frothy.
Finally, add cinnamon on the top of the latte. Done.
Drink it instead of your coffee, it’s simple to prepare and taste good. Turmeric has been used in both ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine as a natural remedy since long time. It also benefits your body in many ways:
- Actives the immune system;
- Improves your digestive health;
- Moderates blood sugar;
- Relieves joint pain;
- A good remedy for arthritis;
- Delays liver damage and improve it’s function;
- Treats skin problems;
- Gives you healthy hair;
- Prevents Alzheimer’s disease.
What’s your favorite way to use turmeric?
Read more by author: