Approximately 14.0 percent of men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point during their lifetime.(1) Prostate cancer is the leading form of cancer among men and can be partly trigger by diet.(2)
Prostate cancer is leading form of cancer among men!
Good nutrition is important when reducing the risk of diabetes, heart disease, obesity and even cancer. Consuming a diet rich in dietary fibre can slow down the progression of cancer, as fibre can bind carcinogens and other toxin and flush them from the body. Fibre is also helpful in lowering levels of hormones that can trigger prostate cancer. (2)
Reduce risk of prostate cancer or treat prostate cancer through six natural methods!
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants prevent damage to cells caused by free radicals. Free radicals cause cancer due to stealing electrons from other cells in order to heal themselves and then create new free radicals. This process can damage the DNA and lead to development of cancer. Following a plant-based diet can help the body fight free radicals!
- Reduce inflammation: Inflammation contributes to cancer and heart disease. Avoiding foods such as conventional meat, dairy, sugar and wheat can help lower inflammation. You can also utilize the help of herbal and nutritional supplements such as quercetin, omega-3 fatty acids, curcumin, and boswellia to lower inflammation.
- Detox: The body stores toxin in our tissues that can interfere with the bodies ability to heal. Removing toxins from the body can happen through healthy eating, sweating, bowel movements, mild exercise, and herbal supplements.
- Protect against environmental toxins: Avoid foods treated with pesticides, cadmium exposure connected to metal works, plastics and cigarettes, and bisphosphenal A found in polycarbonate plastic and dental sealants.
- Nutritional therapy: Conventional chemotherapy weakens the immune system. A plant-based diet contains immune boosting nutrients. Supplementing with vitamin C, zinc, and Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) can also help boost the immune system. Adding curcumin, vitamin D, maitaike mushrooms and Modified Citrus Pectin can induce cancer cell death and allow the body to heal itself. (3)
If you or someone you know is combating prostate cancer or another cancer, encourage them to utilize nutritional therapies and reduce exposure to environmental toxins.