Bleeding can be simply understood as the loss of blood, which possibly occurs both externally or internally. When the blood loss takes place internally, blood leaks from organs or blood vessels inside the body. On the other hand, if it happens externally, it means the blood moves through a natural opening like mouth, rectum or vaginal. Also, you can lose blood through a break in the skin.
Causes of Bleeding
The main cause of bleeding is injuries. Sometimes, this loss of blood happens spontaneously because of certain health problems like gastrointestinal or urogenital tracts, the joints and so on.
Symptoms of Bleeding
The first and most obvious symptom of bleeding is that you can see blood coming out from a wound. Besides, bruising is also a sign of bleeding under the skin.
Plus, when you lose so much blood, you are likely to experience:
- Clammy skin
- Increase heart rates
- Shortness of breath
- Blow blood pressure
Fortunately, there are millions natural and simple ways that you can use to immediately stop bleeding.
Here are top 10 simple and easy tips and natural treatments on how to stop bleeding that can help you effectively and instantly ease the condition and prevent a severe loss…
If you get a minor cut or other injuries, you can use water for how to stop bleeding. This way not only helps cleanse your wound, but also compress the blood vessels or cauterize the cut and form blood clots.
Instead of using water running over the cut, you can make use of ice cubes to do the trick. Make sure you use either coldness or heat at a time. Otherwise, both will make the condition worse.
2. Saline Water
Saline water is another smart solution used for minor cut. The liquid will quickly close off the arteries and prevent blood from leaking out the skin.
Also, you can use white vinegar to replace saline water if it is not available. Even better than saline water, vinegar can disinfect the area and clot the injuries.
3. Cayenne Pepper
As a miracle ingredient, cayenne pepper instantly seals your wound up and prevents severe loss of blood. Despites its effectiveness, not many people prefer this method since it causes burning sensation and stinging.
However, the feeling will flee so quickly and leave you no more blood coming out.
- Use some cayenne pepper powder to sprinkle over the wound.
- After it stops bleeding, rinse off with clean water.
Have you ever notice the membrane on the inner shell of an egg? Well, that is exactly what you need when it comes to bleeding. Specifically, the membrane from an egg will cover and seal up the cut, enabling your body to take time for forming clots.
- Get the membrane from an egg without tearing it apart.
- Place it over the cut and let it do the magic.
5. Press Arteries
As soon as you notice bleeding, use your fingers and press on the arteries that are located from the wound to the heart. Depending on the degree and location of the wound, you can use fingers, one or both hands to press the arteries. This way will helps you reduce blood flow and stop bleeding quickly.
6. Dress Wound Heavily
Creating blood clots is a good way for how to stop bleeding. And to do that, we need to inhibit the blood flow around the area. Here are some simple steps you can do to facilitate the formation of clots.
- Cleanse your wound and surrounding area with saline solution.
- After it gets dry, use a tape to bandage your wound.
- Make sure that you make it tight so that the tape can make a pressure on the area and create clots.
7. Fold the Limbs
Another way to press the arteries is folding the limbs. When your limbs are folded, the surrounding muscles will create a pressure on the arteries, forcing the blood flow to slow down. As a result, you will effectively stop bleeding.
However, this method is only applied to the wound near the limbs and having no fracture.
8. Lie Down and Monitor the Breathing
If you lose too much blood and start to have more serious symptoms like weakness, pale skin, dizziness, stay calm. What you need to do now is covering your wound and giving it a proper pressure. After that, lie down and monitor your breathing. This helps you restore the balance inside the body, regulate your heartbeat as well as blood flow.
Basil is an excellent herb you can use for how to stop bleeding. Asides from the ability to quickly form the clots, basil is able to disinfect and prevent inflammation in the affected area.
- Wash off some fresh basil leaves.
- Grinds the leaves to get a paste.
- Apply the paste directly on the wound and cover with a bandage.
Basil is also used for spider or snake bites.
Another natural ingredient you can use for how to stop bleeding is turnip. By applying turnip, you will quickly stop the loss of blood and control the situation.
- Rinse off some turnips and crush them into a paste.
- Directly apply the paste to the wound and leave it for a couple of hours.
- With a bruise, use half a turnip with a little salt to rub gently on the area.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Headache – Top 10 Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Sore Throat – 10 Useful Tips
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn – 10 Natural Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- How to Get Rid of a Black Eye