Are you tired of popping pills to alleviate your chronic back pain? Now, you need not worry any more as more and more doctors today are prescribing alternative pain management therapies involving natural methods to relieve patients from pain. If you speak to a pain management specialist with specializing in treatment of back pain , you will find that there are a large number of alternative therapies like yoga and meditation, acupuncture, hypnosis, etc., which can be used to alleviate painful symptoms of a wide variety of disorders. Here is a list of some natural remedies for pain treatment:
- Massage: A well crafted massage therapy gives you more than moments of physical comfort. Massage is known to boost the body’s endorphin and serotonin levels. These neurotransmitters are the body’s own painkillers and mood regulators. These chemicals decrease the levels of stress hormones in the body inducing a calming effect on the nerves. According to a research report, massage therapy may also regulate gene expression and trigger off genes responsible for inflammation. Massage is widely applied to treat a wide variety of disorders like osteoarthritis, back pain, fibromyalgia, headaches,etc. Massage is also useful to alleviate post-operative pain in patients undergoing surgery.
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy: Often, chronic pain is associated with symptoms of clinical de Doctors thus recommend cognitive behavioural therapy to reduce stress in patients and also encourage lifestyle modifications that will make life easier for these sufferers. A healthy mind also leads to a healthy body and this is the primary goal of a cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Acupuncture: The ancient Chinese remedy for pain, acupuncture is now hugely popular as a natural remedy for pain management. Doctors handling treatments of back pain in San Antonio are also highly recommend the practice of acupuncture. It is great for treating chronic back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, sciatica, fibromyalgia and related disorders. Even though ancient Chinese principles propagate that acupuncture allows free flow of energy along the pressure points of the body, modern medicine holds another view of acupuncture. According to a study published in a leading medical journal,placement of needles at acupuncture points boosts the production of the amino acid adenosine which is responsible for easing pain.
- Yoga: Yoga is extremely popular as a natural remedy for not just pain but a number of other adverse conditions affecting the body. Yoga is easy to perform and its myriad benefits heals the body and clears the mind. Patients of arthritis, migraines and lower back pains may benefit from yoga practices.
- Hypnotic therapy: Hypnotherapy relaxes the body and mind and calms the nerves. A hypnotherapist induces a state of relaxed consciousness similar to daydreaming in a patient and guides the patient to focus on healing and pain management. Hypnotherapy is useful for treating lower back pains and fibromyalgia.
- Meditation: Meditation helps patients cope with chronic pain by calming the mind and allowing the patient to focus on problems plaguing the body. Meditation encourages the body’s self healing capacity.
- Herbal remedies: Consumption of herbal supplements should be done only after consultation with doctors or naturopaths. There is data to show that consumption of anti-inflammatory spices and omega 3 fish oil supplements play a role in alleviating painful conditions.
Tany Clarck has been researching on non-drug remedies facilitating doctors handling treatments of pain management in San Antonio and is also publishing blogs on the internet for the same.