What is Vaginal Odor?
Vaginal odor is what women cannot avoid even in normal circumstance. However, if you are completely healthy, the smell coming out of the area is just slight and barely noticed. Besides, in some cases when the smell from your vagina becomes strong and fishy, it indicates some problems that you should immediately deal with.
Causes of Vaginal Odor
Commonly, vaginal odor becomes a little bit stronger than usual during the menstruation or after intercourse. Additionally, you can notice the smell easily when there is an excessive sweating or poor hygiene in the vagina. Nevertheless, no need to worry since the smell, in this case, will quickly disappear if you keep the area clean and healthy.
The problem gets serious when it comes to vaginal diseases such as bacterial vaginosis or trichomoniasis. Not only do you get fishy smell from vagina but you also suffer from other conditions like burning sensation, itching, irritation and discharge.
Vaginal odor is seriously a huge problem to any women in the world as it can affect not only health but also their confidence. As a result, immediately getting rid of vaginal odor is necessary. So how to treat vaginal odor instantly, safely and easily?
Here are top 10 home remedies for vaginal odor that help you answer the question…
Being placed in the list of home remedies for vaginal odor, garlic has shown itself as a great ingredient that contains antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Accordingly, the spice works brilliantly to suppress the development of bad bacteria as well as the infection in vaginal. Your vaginal odor will soon become slighter.
- Simply chew some raw garlic cloves every day.
- If you can bare the taste of raw garlic, add it into your daily meal for consumption.
When it comes to vaginal problems, you cannot skip yogurt, a great ingredient on the list of home remedies for vaginal odor. Basically, the food possesses a rich source of lactobacillus, “friendly” bacteria that can restore the balance in vagina. Furthermore, eating yogurt every day can enhance your immune system, a useful way to treat vaginal problems from inside.
- Consume 2-3 servings of yogurt every day.
- Dip a tampon in plain yogurt then insert it into your vagina. Leave it for a couple of hours or overnight. Finally, remove the tampon and cleanse your vagina.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is highly effective in re-balancing the pH level in the body, especially in vaginal area. Furthermore, it is also able to eliminate bacteria and keep the vagina clean and healthy. For that reason, baking soda cannot be missed on the list of home remedies for vaginal odor.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Consume the liquid daily until the condition improves.
- Add a cup of baking soda in your bathtub and mix well. Soak your body in there for 20-30 minutes. Finally, rinse off with water and get dry with a clean towel.
Since ancient time, vinegar has been used as a natural deodorant thanks to its ability to dispel the proteins causing odor. In case of home remedies for vaginal odor, vinegar can work more than that. Specifically, the liquid, with its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, is able to balance the pH level and inhibit the growth of bad bacteria in vagina.
- Dissolve 150 ml white vinegar (you can also use apple cider vinegar) along with 100 grams salt in your bathtub. Soak your body in there for some minutes before rinsing off with water. For better effect, you should use warm water rather than cold water.
- At the same time, mix 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water. Consume the mixture every day to quickly improve the condition.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Aside from the effect on removing odor, tea tree oil is also able to combat inflammation, infection and many other problems. This is due to the antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of the oil, which are so strong that the essential oil possibly causes burning sensation on your skin if using alone.
- Put a few drops of tea tree oil in water. Use the solution to cleanse the affected area.
- Alternatively, put a few drops of tea tree oil in your bathtub with 2 cups of apple cider vinegar. Soak yourself in the tub and relax for 30 minutes. Finally wash off with clean water.
6. Citrus Fruit
To solve any health problem, first, you must have a strong immunity. And one of the best ways to do it is consuming citrus fruit such as lemon, orange, grapefruit, etc.
Basically, the fruits contain an ample source of vitamin C, which can detoxify the body and promote immune system. As a result, it enables your body to confront with bad bacteria and remove the odor itself. That’s the reason why citrus fruits deserve a place on the list of home remedies for vaginal odor.
7. Blueberry and Pineapple Juice
Having fruit juice, especially blueberry and pineapple juice is another great home remedy for vaginal odor. The fruit juices have the ability to cleanse the urinary tract, reduce bacteria in the area as well as your vagina. As a result, the unpleasant odor will quickly disappear.
All you need to do is make a glass of blueberry or pineapple juice and consume it every day.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is considered as a versatile ingredient that can friendly and effectively treat many health problems in both men and women. In case of home remedies for vaginal odor, the oil excellently reduces infection as well as the strong smell from vagina.
- Use a tampon that has been soaked in coconut oil to insert in your vagina.
- Leave it for a couple of hours then cleanse off with water.
9. Comfortable and Airy Underwear
To people with problem of vaginal odor, choosing right and suitable underwear is really important. Since moist environment is an ideal condition for bacteria to grow and cause odor, you’d better opt for comfortable and airy underwear that is made of cotton and able to absorb sweat quickly. This, in turn, helps keep the environment in your vagina dry and clean.
10. Keep Vaginal Hygiene
No matter what treatments you use for vaginal odor, if you do not keep hygiene in the area, you will never completely get rid of the smell. Therefore, remember to cleanse your vagina gently everyday, especially after going to toilet. Make sure you do not make it too hard and use mild natural soap to ensure the balance of pH level in vagina.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Headache – Top 10 Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Sore Throat – 10 Useful Tips
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn – 10 Natural Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- How to Get Rid of a Black Eye