Although swollen feet cannot be called a disease, you still need to pay proper attention to avoid a potential health problem behind it. Into the bargain, the condition can cause you many discomforts such as difficulty when walking, the irritation and the inflammation under the skin. So… do not neglect the signs and underestimate the condition of swollen feet.
Swollen feet can simply be a consequence of sitting for too long or a problem of elder people. It is also a common trouble that most of women have to experience during pregnancy. The deficiency of nutrients and exercises possibly lead to this condition.
Before the problem gets worse, you should try to apply some simple treatments before consulting a doctor.
Here are top 10 home remedies for swollen feet that you can easily apply to get improvement…
1. Epsom Salt
Being placed on the first rank of the list of home remedies for swollen feet, Epsom salt is highly effective in reducing the symptoms such as swelling, redness and irritation. This is due to the fact that the ingredient contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which can eliminate harmful factors causing the problem. Besides, the magnesium sulfate in the salt is able to penetrate into the skin and promote the blood flow under it.
- Add half a cup of Epsom salt into warm water.
- Soak your feet in the solution and wait until the water get cooler.
- Do this several times a day to quickly reduce the symptoms.
Besides topical appliance, you should also simultaneously deal with the condition from inside. Specifically, since the feet get swollen because of the excessive fluid inside them, removing the fluid is necessary to quickly improve the condition. To do this, you can use lemon as an ingredient cleansing the body system.
- Get the juice from a lemon and mix it with warm water.
- Mix it well and add some honey if you wish.
- Consume this solution several times a day for the best result.
Another simple tip you can use for swollen feet is using ice. The coldness of ice can effectively reduce the inflammation and accelerate the blood flow in the area. As a result, the swelling will reduce.
- Wrap some ice cubes with a clean and soft towel.
- Press the ice bad against the affected areas in 30 seconds, remove and repeat the movement.
- Keep doing this for 10 minutes before removing the ice.
- Follow the tip several times a day until the condition improves.
4. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil will make you surprise with its effect in home remedies for swollen feet. By warming up the area, mustard oil helps stimulate the blood circulation in the affected area of your feet. Besides, it is highly effective in reducing the inflammation under the skin.
All you need to do is give your feet a massage for some minutes with mustard oil.
If you are wondering how to get rid of swollen feet quickly and simply, do not hesitate to try ginger, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory property. Besides dealing with inflammation, ginger can dilute sodium, a common cause of swollen feet.
- Make a cup of ginger tea by put some slices of fresh ginger into hot water. Using the tea to consume a couple of times a day for the best result.
- Alternatively, use ginger oil to massage your feet 10 minutes after bathing.
Garlic will never let you down when it comes to health problems. This is an amazing ingredient that can deal with various ailments and diseases, including swollen feet. Specifically, garlic can prevent inflammation while enhancing your immune system to deal with the situation.
You can choose either consuming raw garlic cloves or adding it into your daily meal. Besides, using garlic oil to massage your feet is also a great idea on how to get rid of swollen feet.
Almonds have been found with a rich content of vitamin E, a natural substance that can help you with treatments of swollen feet. If you get into trouble with this condition, do not hesitate to use the ingredient to alleviate the symptoms. Besides, almonds also provide you a lot of other great benefits.
- To use almonds to make home remedies for swollen feet, soak some of them into water and leave it overnight. In the next morning, consume these nuts on your empty stomach.
- Alternatively, you can crush some almonds into powder form, add them into a glass of warm milk or water and consume daily.
8. Coriander Seed
Coriander seed can be used as another trusted ingredient in swollen feet treatment. This is due to its ability to inhibit the development of inflammation, stimulate blood circulation and reduce swelling.
- Put some coriander seeds into hot water and boil them.
- When the water reduces by half, stop and strain the liquid.
- Consume it twice a day for the best result.
The rich content of vitamin E in avocado makes it wonderful ingredient used to make home remedies for swollen feet. Besides, the fruit also provide us load of other precious nutrients that are beneficial for our overall health.
- Make avocado a salad or add it into side dishes.
- You can also eat it raw or make it delicious smoothies.
Since lack of exercise can be a potent cause of swollen feet, doing it is a good way to get rid of the problem. The physical activities will actively help your heartbeat increase and blood flow get stimulated. Accordingly, the symptom of swollen feet will quickly reduce.
If your feet get swollen too badly that you cannot do any heavy exercise, just try to take a walk or doing anything so that you don’t sit still in one place. Swimming and yoga are good suggestions for this condition.
More by Jenny Heth
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Staph Infection
- Top 15 Natural Home Remedies for Boils