Nausea can be often seen among people but it cannot be called as an ailment or diseases. In fact, nausea is just a symptom of various conditions, including morning sickness in pregnant women, motion sickness, food poisoning, headache, infection and so on.
Precisely, nausea is a condition, in which you feel discomforts with an urge of vomiting but will not vomit or throw up actually. Besides, it maybe accompanied with digestive problems like bloating or stomachache.
Nausea can cause you uncomfortable and exhausted but it usually doesn’t last for long time if treated properly.
There are some other common health problems that you should prepare natural treatments in advance such as snoring and sulfur burps. Read also Home Remedies for Snoring and How To Get Rid Of Sulfur Burps.
Here are top 10 home remedies for nausea that is practical tips helping you to deal with nausea simply and effectively…
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is exactly what you need for home remedies for nausea, especially when the condition is caused by food poisoning or bloating. Additionally, even with pregnant women who are suffering from morning sickness, apple cider vinegar can work effectively and safely to reduce nausea symptoms.
- Dilute some apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- Add a little honey to improve the taste.
- Consume the solution whenever you feel the urge to vomit.
According to numerous studies and researches, peppermint works brilliantly in calming nerve and soothing stomach. This is the reason why it appears on out list of home remedies for nausea.
- Add a tablespoon of dried peppermint leaves in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for 5-10 minutes then strain.
- Add into it an amount honey depending on your taste but make sure you don’t use too much.
- Consume the tea whenever you feel nausea.
3. Rice water
Rice water is another interesting natural remedy for nausea. Precisely, rice water is not the water obtained after washing rice as many people mistake. In fact, it is the excess water you use to cook rice. To make rice water for home remedies for nausea, please follow these steps.
- Use more water than usual to cook rice.
- When the excess water boils and turns cloudy, obtain it.
- Drink the liquid whenever you feel nausea.
Lemon has been found with a rich source of citric acid that is similar to gastric juice in human’s stomach. Accordingly, lemon can promote the production of hydrochloric acid to quickly break down the food and calm the stomach. Furthermore, lemon juice is highly effective in flushing out waste and toxins in the body.
As you can see, lemon makes one of great home remedies for nausea that you should definitely try.
- Squeeze a lemon to get its juice. Mix the juice with some warm water then add a little salt or honey. Consume the liquid a few times a day to relieve annoying symptoms.
- At the same time, inhale the smell of a lemon. This is an effective tip to calm your nerve and reduce the feeling of vomiting.
Clove has been a good companion of people in treatments of nausea. By using clove to make home remedies for nausea, you can reduce the symptoms quickly and improve the stomach. This ingredient is totally safe for women who are pregnant and suffering from morning sickness.
- Add 1 tablespoon of clove powder in a cup of hot water. Cover and leave it for some minutes. Strain and consume the solution whenever you notice the sign of nausea.
- Alternatively, put some drops of clove oil in a handkerchief or a piece of cloth. Keep it with you to inhale the smell whenever you feel nausea.
6. Fennel Seeds
For a long time, fennel seeds have been used as a trusted ingredient in treating and preventing digestive problems. In case of home remedies for nausea, fennel seeds reduce excessive gas in your gastrointestinal tract, soothe the stomach and relieve the uncomfortable feeling.
- Add a tablespoon of fennel seeds in a cup of boiling water.
- Cover the cup and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Consume the solution a few times a day or whenever you find it needed.
7. Baking Soda
If your pantry has nothing but some baking soda, don’t rush to feel disappointed; it is actually a great ingredient you can make use of. Basically, baking soda can manage the gastric acid and calm the stomach, which instantly eases the feeling of nausea.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda in a cup of water.
- Mix them well.
- Consume the mixture once a day to quickly reduce the discomfort.
More than a common spice, ginger can be an ideal ingredient used in home remedies for nausea. This is mainly due to the pungent phenol compounds that are beneficial for the stomach. Additionally, most of people can make use of ginger without any adverse effects, even women who are in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Take a ginger root and grate it well.
- Add a teaspoon of grated ginger in a cup of hot water.
- After a few minutes, strain and add some honey or lemon juice to enhance the effect and improve the taste.
- Consume the tea no more than 3 times a day for the best effect.
Although cumin is popular in many parts of the world, not many people are aware of its effectiveness in treating nausea. This is thanks to the ability to enhance the production of enzymes in the stomach and detoxify the body that quickly gets rid of nausea.
- Add a tablespoon of cumin seeds in a cup of boiling water.
- Cover the cup and let it steep for some minutes.
- Strain and consume the liquid whenever you find symptoms of nausea.
Cinnamon contains catechins, a substance playing a key role in treating nausea effectively and promptly. Besides home remedies for nausea, cinnamon is also used in various treatments of digestive problems like acid reflux or vomiting.
- Use cinnamon powder and add 1-2 teaspoons of it in a cup of hot water.
- Boil the solution and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and use it to drink 2-3 times a day.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Sore Throat – 10 Useful Tips
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn – 10 Natural Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- How to Get Rid of a Black Eye