Bacterial vaginosis is one the main types of vaginitis, an inflammation in your vagina. Basically, the condition is caused by the imbalance of bacteria, in which there is an excessive growth by one of organisms living in the vagina. Commonly, it is accompanied with some symptoms such as itchiness, irritation, pain and discharge.
Bacterial vaginosis often occurs with the intercourse with multiple partners or a new partner recently since it is a potential factor that can disturb the environment in your vagina.
Here are top 10 effective and simple home remedies for bacterial vaginosis that you will be surprised by their effect on the annoying condition…
1. Cold Compress
Bacterial vaginosis is really annoying with the itchiness and irritation. To immediately and temporarily remove the problems, use cold compress to make home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. The coldness is the most effective way to reduce the inflammation and stave off the itchiness and other discomfort quickly.
- Make an ice bag by wrapping some ice cubes in a towel.
- Apply directly the ice bag to your vagina.
- Do this a few times a day or whenever you find it needed.
Garlic has been found with strong antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it a trusted ingredient used in home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. Besides topical applying garlic, consuming it helps fight back the disease by improving immune system.
- Mix a few drops of garlic oil with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil together. Apply the mixture to your vagina for some minutes. Do this twice a day until the condition improves.
- Consume more garlic every day or take garlic supplement after consulting a doctor.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar contains acidic property, which can be used to re-balance the pH level in your vagina. Furthermore, the anti-inflammatory of the liquid also helps accelerate the healing by reducing the inflammation quickly.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in warm water. Cleanse your vagina with the solution twice a day until the condition improves.
- Consume a glass of apple cider vinegar mixed with a little honey and warm water daily.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an excellent ingredient with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal qualities. The oil works brilliantly in case of ailments and diseases caused by bacteria and fungus. Accordingly, you can totally use tea tree oil to make home remedies for bacterial vaginosis.
- Dilute some drops of tea tree oil in warm water.
- Use the solution to wash your vagina.
- Do this daily in a few weeks.
Good news for those who love chamomile tea is that you can make use of it to successfully handle the situation. Specifically, the herb helps reduce pain, itchiness and burning sensation just in a short period of time. Besides, chamomile also offers you a wide range of other health benefits that you should definitely take into consideration.
- Dip a chamomile tea bag in a cup of hot water.
- After a few minutes, remove the bag and put it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Apply the tea bag to your vagina and remember to squirt it so that the water can reach your inflamed vaginal canals.
- Do this 1-2 times a day so that the symptoms will quickly disappear.
Cranberry has been long used as a traditional treatment for urinary tract infections. This is due to the ability to deal with inflammation as well as infection of the fruit. As a result, you can also apply the methods to deal with your condition of bacterial vaginosis.
- Make a glass of cranberry juice and consume daily.
When it comes to vaginal problems, you should never miss home remedies for bacterial vaginosis made with yogurt, an ingredient with an immense source of lactobacilli, friendly bacteria. By using yogurt, you will quickly restore the balance of bacteria in the vagina and reduce discomforts.
- Dip a tampon in plain, unsweetened yogurt.
- Insert the tampon to your vagina and leave it for a couple of hours.
- Remove the tampon and rinse off the area.
- At the same time, consume 2-3 servings of yogurt daily to fight back the condition from inside.
Another ingredient that is well known for powerful antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties is turmeric. As a result, turmeric can totally deal with symptoms of bacterial vaginosis.
- Add some turmeric powder into a glass of warm milk. Consume the solution daily until the condition completely disappears.
- Also, add more turmeric into your daily meals.
Fenugreek has been confirmed with the ability to keep the hormone level stable and regulate menstrual cycle. This is extremely beneficial for those who need home remedies for bacterial vaginosis.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it overnight.
- In the next morning, remove the seeds and consume the liquid on your empty stomach.
Aside from all natural home remedies for bacterial vaginosis, the most important thing you should strictly follow is maintaining vaginal hygiene. There will be no solution that can eliminate the symptoms if you do not keep the area clean. Here are some tips you should take into account.
- Remember to change underwear daily. Change your clothes immediately after doing exercise or anytime they get wet or moist.
- Choose comfortable, cotton clothes.
- Use hot water to wash your underwear and dry them using sunlight.
- To cleanse your vagina after going to toilet, wipe from front to back.
- Do not cleanse your vagina excessively as well as stay away from soap or other cosmetic products, except for those that are mild and particularly suitable for your condition.
More by Jenny Heth
- Home Remedies for Headache – Top 10 Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Sore Throat – 10 Useful Tips
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn – 10 Natural Handy Tips
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- How to Get Rid of a Black Eye