What is Razor Burn?
Shaving is the quickest and simplest method used to get rid of unwanted hair on our body parts. While men need to shave their faces, some women resort shaving so as to remove hair in the armpit or on their legs. However, some of them cannot find pleasure in shaving most of the time as it leaves a problem on the skin that is called razor burn.
Specifically, razor burn is described as a burning sensation during or after you shave the hair on body. Sometimes, it is accompanied with itchiness and irritation.
The main causes leading to razor burn might include dull blade, hard soap and especially sensitive skin.
To shave your skin without hesitation, you can prepare yourself lots of simple natural tips to deal with razor burn.
Here are top 10 natural handy tips on how to get rid of razor burn that you should take into consideration…
1. Cold Compress
The simplest method to quickly get rid of razor burn is using cold compress. Besides easing the irritation and reducing burning sensation, the coldness is also able to reduce the inflammation and soothe the skin.
- Wrap some ice cubes in a towel.
- Directly apply the ice bag to the affected area for some minutes.
- Alternatively, soak a towel in cold water then apply it to the affect skin.
- Do this several times a day to quickly reduce irritation.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is what you need to always keep in your pantry due to its amazing benefits. The ingredient possesses a powerful anti-inflammatory quality that can instantly reduce itchiness and irritation on the skin. Therefore, it becomes a perfect ingredient used in treatments on how to get rid of razor burn.
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a cup of water and mix well.
- Use a cotton cloth to apply the solution on your skin where is affected by razor burn.
- After a few minutes, wash off the skin with clean water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Thanks to the anti-inflammatory property, apple cider vinegar becomes one of the most useful tips used for how to get rid of razor burn. Clearly, this powerful quality helps to reduce the burning sensation on your skin as well as itchiness and irritation. Additionally, other properties of the vinegar also contribute to the prevention of infection and other problems of your skin.
- You can directly use apple cider vinegar or dissolve some of it in water.
- Use a cotton cloth to apply the liquid to your affected area.
- After it completely dries, rinse off with water.
- Do this 2-3 times a day.
4. Black Tea
Black tea is a great beverage that brings to human numerous benefits, including improving heart health, preventing cancer, etc. Besides, there is another use of black tea that not many people are aware of, which is helping people on how to get rid of razor burn. This is due to the tannic acid in the tea that can ease the redness and prevent inflammation.
- After making a cup of tea, place the tea bag in the fridge and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Take it out and apply to the affected skin.
- After a few minutes, rinse off the area with water.
5. Aloe Vera
When it comes to skin problems, you should never forget Aloe Vera, a miracle plant with so many benefits. In case of razor burn, the plant helps to soothe the skin and stave off inflammation. Simultaneously, it is also excellent in moisturize and accelerate the healing of the skin.
All you need to do is apply the gel of Aloe Vera to the affected skin and leave it for a few minutes before rinsing off.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has been well known for its strong antibacterial property that can help combat numerous skin diseases. Besides, its anti-inflammatory quality is useful in preventing and treating inflammation of the skin, which is why you should give it a spot in the list of home remedies for razor burn.
- Mix some drops of tea tree oil in water. Apply the solution to the skin and wait for some minutes. Finally, wash off with clean water again.
- Alternatively, you can mix tea tree oil with other essential oil such as olive oil or coconut oil. Use the mixture to apply to your skin.
Honey has been found with strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Also, the ingredient provides a rich source of nutrients that can nourish the skin and help you quickly recover from the problem.
- You can use raw honey to apply to the affected area.
- To maximize the effect, mix honey with plain yogurt and apply to the skin. After a few minutes, rinse off with water.
According to expert, 96% of a cucumber’s weight is water, which means the vegetable has the capacity of hydrating and soothing your skin. Besides, it provides many other essential vitamins and nutrients to prevent the damage.
- Put a fresh cucumber in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take it out and cut into slices.
- Apply them to the affected area and rinse off after several minutes.
Oatmeal is beneficial for your skin since it can nourish the skin and prevent various diseases. As a result, the ingredient should be on our list of home remedies for razor burn.
- Mix oatmeal, plain yogurt and a little honey together.
- Apply the mixture to the affected skin.
- After 30 minutes, wash off the area with warm water.
10. Witch Hazel
Being on the bottom of the list doesn’t mean witch hazel has the least effect on razor burn. On the contrary, it can make you surprised with its instant effect when treating the problem so perfectly.
All you need to do is apply a few drops of witch hazel on the skin after shaving.
More by Jenny Heth
- How to Get Rid of a Black Eye
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia