Have you ever woken up in the morning and notice the swelling of your eyes? Do not rush to worry since it is not a serious health problem. However, there is one thing that it will definitely affect is your appearance, in which your eyes no longer look bright and beautiful because they are swollen.
Puffy eyes are a common problem you can easily get on daily life due to allergies, depression and many other factors such as lack of sleep, excessive consumption of alcohol.
There are some common symptoms of puffy eyes that can accompany with swelling, including redness, irritation, poor vision. When puffy eyes turn into a much severe condition, there will be fever, difficult when breathing and headache.
However, puffy eyes often appear in mild condition when your eyes are swollen and a little bit red. Therefore, you can totally treat your eyes at home without any intervention of medical treatments. However, when the thing gets worse, consulting a doctor is a necessity.
Here are some simple, natural treatments on how to get rid of puffy eyes that you should immediately apply when you notice the symptoms…
Ice is an aged-old remedy for swelling in any part of the body, thus it becomes inevitable on the list of home remedies for puffy eyes.
- Simply wrap some ice cubes with a clean cloth.
- Apply the ice bag to your eyes for some minutes.
- Remove the bag and see your improvement.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is included in the list of home remedies on how to get rid of puffy eyes due to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties. Besides helping you deal with swelling, Aloe Vera also assists you in preventing aging and improving the skin.
- First, get the gel inside an Aloe Vera leaf then apply it over your closed eyes.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse off with water.
If you have milk for breakfast, save a little bit of the drink and keep it in fridge to get cold milk. This is an effective puffy eyes natural treatment you can apply to get rid of the symptoms just in a few seconds.
- After taking the milk from the fridge, apply it over the eyes using a clean cloth.
- Finally, remove the cloth and rinse off the eyes after 15 minutes and you will see the puffiness goes away.
Puffy eyes are also a sign telling that your body is storing water due to the dehydration. Therefore, the best way for how to get rid of puffy eyes is drinking an adequate amount of water to reduce the dehydration.
Make sure you drink at least 8 glasses or 2 liters of water on a daily basis.
Potato is another ingredient you can use in natural treatments of puffy eyes. Thanks to the use of potato, you can quickly ease the irritation as well as swelling of the eyes.
- First, you need to cleanse thoroughly a potato with water.
- You can choose cutting it into slices or crushing it.
- Directly apply the potato onto the eyes or with a cotton cloth.
6. Egg White
If you are a woman who is interested in beauty remedies, you must be so familiar with egg white. The ingredient has been found with anti-inflammatory property and various essential nutrients that can help you reduce the swelling and improve the skin.
- Separate the egg white from an egg and apply it over the eyes using a brush or clean cloth.
- After 10-15 minutes, rinse off with cold water.
Cucumber is a rich source of nutrients and water, which makes it a perfect ingredient used in various treatments of health and beauty, including puffy eyes.
- All you need to do is getting the juice from 1-2 fresh cucumbers.
- Place the juice in fridge in 20 minutes.
- Take it out and use 2 cotton swabs dipping into the liquid.
- Place the swabs on your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off your eyes with clean water.
8. Tea Bag
After making a cup of tea, do not waste the tea bag by throwing it away. Instead, you should make use of it for home remedies for puffy eyes. Specifically, the antioxidant property of the tea bag can help you with the pain, irritation and swelling of the eyes.
- Put 2 tea bags into hot water.
- After a few minutes, remove the tea bags and let it cool down.
- Apply them on your eyes and relax for 10 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off your eyes with water.
Once you consume too much salty food, it leads to the water retention, which makes your eyes swelling. However, it doesn’t mean you need to completely avoid salt. In fact, it is a great treatment on how to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Mix some salt into warm water then use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on your eyes.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse off your eyes with cold water.
10. Chilled Spoon
You definitely will never think of spoon, a usual item in the kitchen, when it comes to puffy eyes treatments. But think it again, spoon is a quite popular item used for how to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Place 2 spoons in the fridge before you go to bed.
- In the next morning, put them on your eyes and let them sit on for some minutes.
- Finally, remove and cleanse your eyes.
More by Jenny Heth
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
- Top 10 Home Remedies for Staph Infection