A black eye is definitely not the same condition as dark circle, which possibly causes you pain and swelling or even headache and blurry vision.
A black eye is often a consequence of trauma, in which there is bleeding of the tissue around your eye. Besides, there are some other factors that can cause the condition such as plastic surgery like face lift or jaw surgery, medical conditions like nasal injuries and allergies.
There are a lot of ways you can use to deal with a black eye effortlessly and effectively. All you need are some natural and available ingredients around you. However, remember that insomnia or nutrient deficiency can make the condition worse.
Here are top 10 useful treatments on how to get rid of a black eye that are easily apply at home and effectively eliminate the condition…
The simplest treatment on how to get rid of a black eye is water, which is extremely essential for your life. In this case, water help you flush out the toxins and waste in the body, helping organ system work properly. As a result, the body will heal better and more quickly.
Particularly, water contributes to the health of your skin. As long as you provide enough water for your body, the skin will automatically become more elastic and healthier.
2. Tea Bag
You must have heard the benefit of tea bag in reducing dark circle and other signs of fatigue around your eyes. Likewise, the ingredient works the same with a black eye when its antioxidants promote blood circulation and accelerate the healing. Thus, it becomes a great treatment in how to get rid of a black eye.
- After making tea, put 2 tea bags into the fridge.
- After 10 minutes, take them out and put on your eyes.
- Do this at least twice a day as an essential treatment on how to get rid of black eye.
3. Eye Exercise
If you want to learn how to get rid of black eye, you have to understand the importance of blood circulation in eye areas in the healing. And the best way to enhance it is eye exercise, which can help you not only stimulate the blood flow around your eyes but also reduce congestion. Besides, the exercise is also useful in increasing your vision.
In the morning, use your fingers to massage your eyes in circulation and do this again in the evening before bed. Repeat the movements every day until the condition completely goes away.
Cucumber has been found with loads of antioxidants like peroxydas or phenolic, which are beneficial for vascular circulation. Additionally, the vitamin K in the vegetable actively prevents the vascular calcification and stimulates blood circulation. That is the reason why you should try cucumber if you are looking for a treatment on how to get rid of a black eye.
- Put a fresh cucumber in fridge in 10 minutes.
- Get it out and cut it into thin slices.
- Put them on your eyes and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Do this several times a day to quickly improve the condition.
5. Aloe Vera
Of course, Aloe Vera will be on our list of treatments on how to get rid of a black eye, as it is an incredible ingredient that helps you so much with skin problems. With this type of bruising, Aloe Vera reduces swelling eyelids and improves your skin with its antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Use the gel from a fresh Aloe Vera leaf.
- Apply it to your skin around the affected eye before bed.
- Leave it overnight and rinse off in the next morning.
Vitamin A and C are among the most beneficial nutrients in attar, which actively work with anti-inflammatory property to reduce the condition of black eye. Besides purchasing products of attar, you can make yourself handmade attar with these simple following steps.
- Boil some rose petals in water. Leave it simmer for some minutes until the color of the petals fades.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the liquid to your skin around the affected eye.
- Keep the rest of the liquid in a container and put it in cool and dry place.
Another ingredient you should use for how to get rid of black eye is potato. Specifically, the vegetable possesses an enzyme used to benefit your skin by reducing dark circles and puffiness. In addition, potatoes provide you an ample source of other vitamins, minerals and nutrients that can help nourish and improve the skin.
- You can have 2 slices of a potato applied on your eyes or several slices applied over your face in order to improve the skin.
- Alternatively, boil a potato in some water. After that, remove the skin and mash it. Mix the mashed potato with some milk then directly apply to your face, especially the area around your eyes. After 20 minutes, remover and rinse off with water. Do this daily to quickly get rid of the condition.
Strawberries are delicious and healthy fruit that you should consume everyday. More than a common fruit, it also helps you with various health conditions, including black eyes. This is due to the alpha-hydroxy acid, a valuable substance in strawberries.
- Get some strawberries that have been kept in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Cut them into slices and apply to your eyes.
- After a few minutes, remove and rinse off your eyes.
With anti-inflammatory property, salt deserves a place in our list of treatments on how to get rid of a black eye. Furthermore, the ingredient also promotes blood circulation, which in turn accelerates healing.
- Dissolve some sale in warm water.
- Use a cotton cloth to apply the liquid to the eyelids for 10 minutes.
- Remember to close your eyes so that the solution doesn’t get into your eyes.
- After a few minutes, use clean water to rinse off your eyes.
Exactly the same as in treatments of dark circle, metal spoons will help you quickly reduce the puffiness, swelling and bruising. You will be surprise with the solution because of its simplicity and effectiveness.
- Put 2 metal spoons into a freezer.
- After a couple of hours, take it out and apply to your eyes.
- You can use a thin cloth to wrap the spoons before applying since an extreme coldness can harm your skin.
- This treatment will help enhance the blood circulation under your eye area and improve the elasticity of your skin as well as reduce the condition.
More by Jenny Heth
- How to Get Rid of Dry Skin – Top 10 Common Ways
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Get Rid of Double Chin – Top Pocket-friendly Treatments
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet – Top 10 Handy Tips
- How to Grow Hair Faster – 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Hair Loss – 15 Natural Treatments
- How to Get Water Out of Your Ear – Top 10 Effective Tips
- Home Remedies for Runny Nose – Top 10 Natural Treatments
- Home Remedies for Dry Hair – Top 15 Effective Treatments
- Home Remedies for Psoriasis – Top 14 Simple Treatments
- Home Remedies for Alopecia
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail