The healing bone broths have been used for centuries for fighting off many diseases and lots of people consume it for a rich source of nutrients.
Actually, this soup is a liquid made from boiling of the bones from an animal in water for several hours or even longer. When the bones are boiling, they release their minerals and other nutrients into the broth that can be easily absorbed by the body. The healing bone broth promotes health in many ways as it is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and gelatin!
Yes, gelatin, which has been used as a remedy for many ailments especially for the digestive problems. It’s believed that this protein substance is very beneficial for your health:
- Lowers inflammation
- Makes muscle stronger
- Helps allergies
- Repairs cuts and wounds
- Boosts metabolism
- Makes hormone balanced
- Relieves arthritis symptoms
- Makes bones stronger
- Aids in digestion
- Helps liver detoxification
- Prevents stretch marks and wrinkles
- Improves sleep quality
How to Make Bone Broth
- 2-3 pounds of bones(any bones of any animals are ok, such as beef bones, pork bones, lamb bones,fish heads,chicken or turkey carcass)
- Vegetables(good choices are onion,celery,carrots,potato,parsley)
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice(which will help draw the minerals out of the bones)
When finished cooking meat, take the bones and store them in the fridge overnight.
Add the bones, gelatin and apple cider vinegar in a pot, pour enough water until the bones are covered and boil it on the stove.
Keep it cooking on low for 6 hours to 3 days depending on the bones you’re using:
- Chicken or turkey bones: 8 to 24 hours
- Beef, lamb and pork bones: 12 to 72 hours
- Fish heads: 4 to 24 hours
Add some vegetables if you like 1 hour before done cooking. You can also add some garlic slices to add flavor.
Strain the bones and vegetables out of the broth and let it cool. Store it in a container and save in the fridge.
How to Consume Bone Broth
You can drink it as a tea, warm some on the stove and sprinkle some sea salt in it.
It’s also suggested to add to vegetables for flavor when cooking.
Make vegetable soups: Boil the bone broth with any vegetables, herbs or spices you like to make delicious soup.