Category: Hospitals & Surgery

Do CT Scans Cause Breast Cancer?

Do CT Scans Cause Breast Cancer?

In 2011, there were more than 85 million CT scans performed in American hospitals. In 2010, one in every 10 Americans underwent the procedure. Developed in the 1970’s, the CT scan was hailed at the time as one of the… 0 Shares | | Posted in Health, Hospitals & Surgery, Medicine
The Chronic Pain Lie

The Chronic Pain Lie

Are you still in pain? Have you been diagnosed with chronic pain of any kind? Have you ever been prescribed opioids for your pain? If you answered yes to any of these, then you are a victim of the biggest… 0 Shares | | Posted in Food, Health, Herbal Medicine, Holistic Medicine, Hospitals & Surgery, Nutritional Medicine, Pharmaceuticals
5 Big Lies Doctors tell Patients

5 Big Lies Doctors tell Patients

99% of all sick people here believe their disease is not their fault, but their genes’ fault or the environment and are just waiting for a miracle drug to cure them; the other 1% believe they are at fault for… 0 Shares | | Posted in Holistic Medicine, Hospitals & Surgery, Nutritional Medicine
Why are you still doing mammograms?

Why are you still doing mammograms?

The Susan G. Komen Foundation first handed out the Pink Ribbon in 1991 to participants in the New York City race for breast cancer survivors. It must have been difficult for sixty-eight year old breast cancer survivor Charlotte Haley—who had… 0 Shares | | Posted in Health, Holistic Medicine, Hospitals & Surgery, Lifestyle, Medicine, Nutritional Medicine, Personal Care
Longer Telomeres May Help Deter Diseases And Increase Life Expectancy

Longer Telomeres May Help Deter Diseases And Increase Life Expectancy

Scientists and many alternative health advocates and practitioners have long been interested in factors influencing telomere length in the body, and how it affects health and life expectancy. What are telomeres?  Telomeres are caps that protect our chromosomes, consists of… 0 Shares | | Posted in Child Care, Fitness, Fitness Nutrition, Food, Food, Health, Health, Herbal Medicine, Holistic Medicine, Hospitals & Surgery, Lifestyle, Medicine, News, Nutrition, Nutritional Medicine, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Recipes, Science
Understanding the Different Types of Staff in a Hospital

Understanding the Different Types of Staff in a Hospital

Hospitals consist of lots of different types of staff, all of them tailored to the healthcare needs of their patients. For many, recognizing the different types of staff can be very confusing. A good number of the faculty will dart… 0 Shares | | Posted in Hospitals & Surgery
What Is Inversion Therapy?

What Is Inversion Therapy?

Nowadays, inversion therapy has become one of the most popular and widely used therapy for healing back pain as well as spinal discomforts. It has special health benefits for the practitioner and can provide relief from all sorts of pains… 0 Shares | | Posted in Fitness, Health, Health, Holistic Medicine, Hospitals & Surgery, Lifestyle, Medicine, Mental Health, News, Personal Care, Strength Training
Watch out… This is How Stress Affects Your Body

Watch out… This is How Stress Affects Your Body

Stress impacts the psychological state of a human being negatively, but do you ever think about how it affects the physiological function of the body? And your health as a whole? In this article, I will explain to you briefly… 0 Shares | | Posted in Arts & Culture, Health, Health, Herbal Medicine, Holistic Medicine, Hospitals & Surgery, Medicine, Mental Health, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Science, Yoga
FDA issues warnings about Cipro side effects and other antibiotics

FDA issues warnings about Cipro side effects and other antibiotics

The FDA warns about Cipro side effects.  The FDA has issued a warning about the use of the common antibiotics Cipro and other in the class of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. Drugs on the current FDA-approved list that are not newly… 0 Shares | | Posted in Health, Health, Herbal Medicine, Holistic Medicine, Hospitals & Surgery, Lifestyle, Medicine, News, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Science
Telemedicine Is Giving The Syrian Refugees New Hope

Telemedicine Is Giving The Syrian Refugees New Hope

(Co-Written by JT Ripton and Peter Scott, [email protected]) Hope is a precious commodity in Syria right now. While war rages and more than half the country’s population have been killed or displaced, telemedicine is providing a rare bright spot as… 0 Shares | | Posted in Health, Hospitals & Surgery, Medicine, World