Whether your sneezing is caused by allergies or the common cold and flu, there are natural remedies to help ease and maybe even stop your sneezing completely. In fact, some of the remedies about to be mentioned work a lot better than over the counter decongestants, anti-histamines and cold and flu medicines.Most importantly, these remedies do not cause harsh side effects such as drowsiness or mood swings:
- Peppermint TeaA hot cup of peppermint tea made with some milk and honey can ease sneezing immediately and relieve stuffiness. This is because peppermint contains a strong potent oil in it that acts as a decongestant with anti-histamine properties. However, you will want to make sure the peppermint tea you use is organic for it to contain the most medicinal properties possible to relieve your sneezing effectively.
- German ChamomileWhenever your sneezing is caused by seasonal allergies or the cold and flu, you can ease the sneezes away with a hot cup of organic German chamomile tea with farm fresh honey or by taking chamomile herbal supplements. Chamomile acts as a natural antihistamine and contains sedative properties to help ease the sneezing and help you get some much-needed rest.
- Stinging NettleSometimes allergic rhinitis can act up at anytime. When your rhinitis is acting up, turn to stinging nettle. Stinging nettle is an herb that contains high amounts of potent nutrients such as vitamins and minerals that support the immune system so it has the ability to fight your allergy symptoms such as sneezing away. Stinging nettle also works as an anti-histamine and works wonders for relieving nasal congestion, a runny nose, watery eyes and an itchy sore throat. Stinging nettle comes in the forms of herbal teas, tinctures and supplements.
- Steamy Salt WaterGently placing your head over a steamy pot of salt water can do wonders for clearing allergens from the nasal passages along with congestion so sneezing stops and you can get back to every day life. However, for severe cases of sneezing that occur throughout the day you may need to breathe in hot steamy salt water a few times throughout the day or leave a pot of salt water steaming away on the stovetop throughout the day if you are going to be home. Just make sure you keep an eye on the pot and add water when necessary. You can even add in essential oils of lavender, lemon, peppermint, ginger, or menthol to help relieve sneezing through breathing in steam also.
- GingerIf your sneezing is caused by a viral or bacterial infection you might want to consider using some ginger root in a juicer with some over fruits and vegetables to create a super healing juice to relieve your sneezing and boost the immune system so its able to fight off your infection better and faster. This is because ginger root contains anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-septic, and anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties in it.
- Oregano Oil For severe cases of sneezing, oregano oil does wonders for relieving the condition. This is because it contains essential oils of carvacrol and thymol in it, which are oils that help treat and relieve nasal conditions. Theses medicinal oils also help boost the immune system so it can fight against allergic reactions to prevent and even stop sneezing when it does occur.
- Vitamin CHigh doses of vitamin C can help ease chronic sneezing well. Vitamin C is essential for helping the body fight illness and allergies. You can get a super does of vitamin C from making a berry or citrus smoothie or by taking vitamin C supplements.
More By Alex Jordon: