Who doesn’t love a juicy, tasty peach?
The good news is that peaches also have many health benefits and are low in calories!
Peaches have been grown since the prehistoric times and were first cultivated in China where they are considered a symbol of immortality and friendship.
16 Reasons Peaches Are Peachy Keen for Your Body
- A peach is a great snack food for losing weight. It can give you the feeling of being full, so you will eat less. One peach contains about 35-50 calories and no fat!
- Peaches fight obesity-related diabetes and cardiovascular disease with its spectrum of anti-oxidants.
- Peaches keep the skin healthy. The Vitamin A and C in peaches make them is a great moisturizers and are often used in cosmetics. It also helps in regenerating skin tissue.
- Peaches reduce hair loss by nourishing the scalp.
- A stress reliever! Peache help reduce anxiety. Peaches are often referred to as the ‘Fruit of Calmness’ in Hungary.
- Peaches have a positive effect in preventing cancer (due to it’s high selenium content).
- Peaches are known to be helpful in removing worms from the intestines.
- Peaches have a diuretic effect – to cleanse your kidneys and bladder.
- Can calm a stomach.
- Compounds in stone fruits can help with “metabolic syndrome,” according to Dr. Luis Cisneros-Zevallos, AgriLife Research food scientist. Study at the American Chemical Society in Philadelphia. Cisneros-Zevallos says: “Our work indicates that phenolic compounds present in these fruits have anti-obesity, anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic properties in different cell lines and may also reduce the oxidation of bad cholesterol LDL which is associated to cardiovascular disease.”
- Those suffering from gout and rheumatism are recommended by dieticians to eat peaches because peache tend to have a diuretic and a light laxative effect.
- Peaches are thought to be an aphrodisiac as well.
- Peach flowers have sedative properties . A remedy for restlessness includes boiling peach flowers in water along with some honey.
- Peaches Inhibits tumour growth activity. Peache have excellent antimicrobial and antioxidant activity according to research.
- Chronic bronchitis, coughs and gastritis are helped with the medicinal tea of the leaves and bark of peach trees.
- Peach tea is used as a kidney cleanser In China.
Peaches are so good and nutritious that you will want to get the most from your peaches.