Microwaves have been in use since the 1970’s and by now have become an integral part of the household, so much so that people do not really even give them that much thought. The microwaveable TV dinner is a staple around the country and often used by busy moms, students, or people living on their own. However, increasingly, more and more people are taking the advice of many health experts and getting rid of this appliance. Here’s why:
Use of microwaves has been linked to the degeneration of cells and of the voltage between those cells. This is especially true for the blood and lymph system.
There also appears to be a disturbance in the metabolic process which breaks down food within the body can uses it for energy; this can affect overall energy levels and general health over time.
The microwaving process itself appears to destroy much of the nutrients that are in the food to begin with; over time, this could be serious enough to lead to nutritional deficiencies.
Microwaving alters the very nature and chemical structure of the foods you are eating. These alterations have the potential to lead to digestive diseases and increase the risk for stomach or colon cancer.
While irradiating food in a microwave will likely destroy bacteria and viruses, it does not destroy toxins, which can build up in your system over time and lead to long-term degeneration of health.
Although this is regulated by the government, microwaves still do leak small amounts of radiation. This has been linked not only to cancer but to fertility problems, birth defects and cataracts.
Microwaving also appears to have a negative effect on the process by which electrical impulses move between neurons to allow them to communicate with one another in the cerebrum.
Using the microwaves regularly has also been linked to disruption of the endocrine system, which produces and regulates the hormones that we need for many important functions in the body.
Some practitioners also believe that exposure to microwaves can lead to disturbance in alpha and delta brain wave patterns.
Formation of Magnetic Deposit
Long-term microwave use can also cause magnetic deposits to form within the body, particularly in the nervous and lymphatic system and have a negative impact on long-term health.
If you are truly interested in eating healthy, it would be better to avoid microwaves altogether and concentrate on other forms of healthy cooking, such as using iron cookware on a low setting to gently heat the food, or eating more of your foods in the raw. Poaching and baking are also healthy options and will encourage you to include more whole foods in your diet. They make take longer to prepare, but they are much healthier for you, too.
More Blog Posts By Elise Sole