Ginger is a well known root that is added to foods, tea, beer and ale’s. It can be made to make foods spicy or even to preserve foods. For over 2000 years, ginger has been used to help cure and prevent health problems. Ginger helps promote energy circulation and increases the body’s metabolic rate, and recent research reports that ginger is deadly to cancer.(1)
Seven percent of cancer patients are immediately choosing alternative forms of treatment!
Approximately 7 percent of cancer patients are immediately choosing alternative treatment approaches, traveling to Mexico, Bahamas, or Europe for treatments that are not allowed in the United States. (2)
The study from Georgia State University found that whole ginger extract reduced the size of a prostate tumor by 56 percent in mice. Ginger was also found to reduce inflammation and increase life-enhancing antioxidants. (3)
A study from PLoS found that 6-shogaol, a component found in ginger, is superior to chemotherapy and targets breast cancer stem cells. Cancer stem cells cause a wide range of cancer and form other cancerous cells making a tumor colony. In many cases, these stem cells seem to be ‘immortal.'(3)
Compound found in ginger is 10,000 times more effective at killing cancer stem cells than popular cancer drug!
In many cases, cancer stem cells renew themselves and are resistant to chemotherapy. The study found that using dried or cooked ginger in foods can help attack cancer stem cells.(3)
The research team found that ginger was only toxic to cancerous cells, leaving healthy cells alone. In breast cancer cases they found that ginger increased cancer cell death and induced autophagy, as well as inhibited breast cancer lumps from forming.(3)
When comparing ginger to cancer drug, taxol, they found that taxol did not have the same effectiveness at destroying cancer stem cells and tumors. When the team increased the concentration of taxol they still found that ginger was 10,000 times more effective at killing cancer stem cells and preventing formation of tumors. (3)
Other uses for ginger include:
- Motion Sickness: Ginger alleviates nausea associated with motion sickness
- Improves Absorption: Ginger helps improve absorption of essential nutrients in the body.
- Prevents Cold and Flu: Ginger has been used for thousands of years as natural cold and flu treatment.
- Stomach Discomfort: Ginger helps assist in digestion, improves food absorption and can reduce inflammation to prevent stomach ache’s.
- Colon Cancer: A University of Minnesota study reported that ginger slows the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
- Pain and Inflammation: Ginger contains anti-inflammatory substances that are effective painkillers.
- Respiratory Problems: Ginger expands the lungs, loosening phlegm and is a natural expectorant.
- Ovarian Cancer: Ginger induced ovarian cancer cell death.
- Strengthens Immunity: Ginger helps boost the immune system and decreases bad bacteria in the body.
- Morning Sickness: Ginger has been found to be 75 percent effective at curing morning sickness. (1)