Most people probably think they don’t use aluminum all that often. A little bit of aluminum foil here and there to cover a dish and that’s about it, right? Unfortunately, no. Aluminum can be found in some drinking water, cake mixes, non-dairy creamers, and even your deodorant.
Five Reasons to Stop Using Aluminum Now
- Damage to your Central Nervous System: This consists of the brain and spinal cord. Studies suggest that aluminum exposure may be linked to autism, brain disease, and bone disease in children. In adults, aluminum exposure has been linked to neurological defects similar to Alzheimer’s.
- Brain Damage: Studies have shown that aluminum has the ability to create toxic, oxidative stress in the brain. Unfortunately, your brain can accumulate a lot of aluminum and not be able to rid itself of it. This aluminum store can result in MS, Attention Deficit Disorder, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndromes, and Alzheimer’s, as previously mentioned.
- Robs the Body of Vitamins: Among the vitamins that aluminum steals from the body are magnesium, calcium, and iron. Reduced calcium absorption can result in brittle bones and is especially dangerous for elderly people. Iron deficiency can lead to constant tiredness, weakness, paleness, and lightheadedness. Magnesium is a vitamin that many adults already do not get enough of, and the amount of aluminum found in so many products only exacerbates this issue. Magnesium is needed by every organ in your body to work properly. Side effects of low magnesium include constant tiredness, heart problems, and muscle spasms.
- It Accumulates: As already mentioned, aluminum accumulates in the body because our system don’t know how to get rid of it. Perhaps even worse, aluminum accumulates in large amounts in the bones. In combination with robbing the body of calcium, this effect drastically puts you at risk for bone breaks and fractures. It can also lead to osteoporosis.
- Stresses the Body: Because the body is not meant to consume aluminum and it does not know how to process it, the consumption of aluminum severely stresses the body out. Aluminum in the system results in oxidative stress on the cells, which can damage the DNA in those cells and even speeding up the body’s natural aging process.
Needless to say, aluminum is not something that your body likes and it should be avoided as much as possible. Use a cautious eye when shopping for your deodorant and other beauty products, and even your groceries. Almost any food additive with the letter “E” followed by a series of numbers contain aluminum, so stay away!
Juice fasts (full of veggies) may help our bodies get rid of some of the aluminum that has been stored, but it is not a guarantee. It must be emphasized that our bodies simply are not made to process aluminum, and therefore it should be avoided as much as possible.
More from the author:
- 8 Warning Signs That You Are Not Drinking Enough Water
- Ayurvedic Remedies to Treat Insomnia and Maintain Body Balance
- How to Know if Your Body is Overloaded with Toxins (4 most common signs)
- 9 Fantastic Alternative Uses for Honey
- 5 Foods that Destroy Cancer Cells and Suppress Tumors